For the most part, the first collection of Plaguemix custom simfiles was well-received by the community. While I did receive some flack for Super Trouper's inclusion, the collection as a whole was a positive experience for everyone involved. Over time, I found more songs that begged me to turn them into custom simfiles.
Since the first moment that I decided to complete and release Plaguemix One, I planned to continue releasing collections of five songs as inspiration struck. It wasn't too long after the release of the first collection that creative juices started flowing anew.
One major improvement in step writing met me half-way through this project: the newest release of StepMania. I worked with Chris Danford on concepts and ideas for a graphical step editor a month prior to the release, yet I was taken by surprise by his group's incredible work on the 3.0 version. All we had discussed was implemented, as well as dozens of additional features and options I hadn't even thought of.
The StepMania Editor, as controversial as it is, maintains its status
as a wonderful tool for custom step creation. This new method of writing
steps increased my efficiency and synch accuracy quite a bit, and helped
me create entirely new step-patterns that I just couldn't see in numbers.
Because of this, the play-testing phase of the project went far more